This is the place where you will find everything about me. What, when, where, who and how... It's my life the way I see it. After all, it's my HORIZON!

05 December 2005

5 December 2005

Part One
I look forward to watching Brokeback Mountain. Probably you've been reading about Brokeback Mountain in my past entries. This will be the last. I've read the short story (Brokeback Mountain is a short story by Annie Proulx) and would really like to see how 2 men, Ennis Del Mar (Heath Ledger) and Jack Twist (Jake Gyllenhaal) got to know each other and how their friendship had developed into something so profound. It is not any stories you will pick up and read. Somehow, you feel for these two characters and how their love lasted for so long (over 20 years) despite the distance and how the society's norm got in the way. In the end, their love for each other (through one person) lives forever. If there was anything that Proulx had done, one of them was she has made it clear that LOVE IS A FORCE OF NATURE. Amazing...
"That summer, when we split up after we got paid out I had gut cramps so bad I pulled over and tried to puke, thought I ate somethin bad at that place in Dubois. Took me about a year a figure out it was that I shouldn't a let you out a my sight..." ~Ennis Del Mar~
"...we could a had a good life together, a fuckin real good life. You wouldn't do it, Ennis, so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain... You got no fuckin idea how bad it gets... You're too much for me, Ennis..... I wish I knew how to quit you." ~Jack Twist~
"He lifted it off the nail. Jack's old shirt from Brokeback days... The shirt seemed heavy until he saw there was another shirt inside it, his own plaid shirt... He pressed his face into the fabric and breathed in slowly... there was no real scent, only the memory of it, the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain of which nothing was left but what he held in his hands."
"...he hung the wire hanger and the two old shirts suspended from it. He stepped back and looked at the ensemble through a few stinging tears... Jack began to appear in his dreams. And he would wake sometimes in grief, sometimes with the old sense of joy and release; the pillow sometimes wet, sometimes the sheets... Nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it...." THE END. ~Annie Proulx: Brokeback Mountain~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Borrow book... borrow book... I want to borrow your book... (imagine a broken record that plays on and on and on)

Asking nicely now: May I borrow your book, oh my dear brother?

'Mad Photographer' sis,
Alice in Wonder(ful)land

5:11 PM

 
Blogger John Teh said...

Definitely. Come Saturday & I shall lend you ze book! ;)

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home