This is the place where you will find everything about me. What, when, where, who and how... It's my life the way I see it. After all, it's my HORIZON!

04 April 2006

My short essay on Faculty of Economics & Administration, UM

(verbatim fr. English assessment)

Question:
Think of a problem you face in your faculty & ideas to overcome it.

Answer:
One of the problems I face in my faculty is the lecturers. I find that their understanding of the subjects they lecture is below the level of qualified lecturers. Several lecturers even denounced students' intelligence to avoid answering questions posted by students. Apart from that, they failed to deliver key points of their lectures and students had to lecture instead. Despite years of experience as lecturers, clearly they do not possess the passion nor the skills required to lecture.

The faculty should have a more stringent quality control. Although assessment forms have been given to students to assess lecturers' performance for the past few years, the assessment does not guarantee the quality of lecturers. The faculty needs an independent panel to review the lecturers' competency. Employment of new lecturers must not be based on articles published in renowned journals but their ability to lecture and their understanding of the relevant subjects.


(Pls read 3 April 2006 entry on the things I want in future. The world must know what I want because through the list, you will know what kind of person I am!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home